Below are the steps or method statement for installation & testing of SMATV System in a project.
1.0 PURPOSE: The purpose of this Method Statement is to identify the requirements for installation & testing of SMATV system as per the contract specification, drawings and as per the regulations if any.
2.0. SCOPE: This method statement is applicable to all activities related to installation & testing of SMATV system. This document will ensure that the work is carried out and complies with the project specifications & requirements.
3.1 Electrical Specification
3.2 Approved Drawing for Construction
3.3 British Standards / Codes
5.1 Project Engineer(Electrical)
Ensure that the activities are carried out according to the Specifications, drawing and approved
- Ensure that all required submittal are made in a timely manner.
- Arrange all materials and tools required for installation as per agreed project schedule.
- Provide all necessary information and distribute the responsibilities to his unit installation team.
- Monitoring that all in process test are carried out and obtained approval from Consultant’s Representative.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the work is performed in accordance within the time and cost constraints.
5.2 Foreman( Electrical)
- Carrying out the work and the proper distribution of all the available resources in coordination with the Site Engineer on a daily basis.
- Continuous coordination and following Site Engineer’s instructions to meet quality requirement during the job execution.
- Incorporate all the QC and Safety requirements as requested by the Consultant’s representative
- Report to Site Engineer the accomplishments and problem encountered on daily basis.
6.0. EQUIPMENT’S AND TOOLS:
- TV Meter
- Multi meter
- Push tape for pulling the wires
- Knipex cutter
- Hacksaw blade
- Electrician Knife
- Measuring tape
- Flat file
- Safety gloves
- hard hat and safety harness as per site requirement.
7.1 MATERIALS TO BE USED:
Transmitters, Receivers, Splitters, Multi Taps, Launch Amplifiers, MULTI SWITCH UNITs, MATV Junction Boxes, TV Outlet, CO-AXIAL CABLE, Fiber Optic Cable.
7.2 STORAGE OF MATERIALS
- All materials received at site shall be inspected and ensured that the materials are as per approved material submittal.
- Materials found not suitable for the project are removed from site immediately.
- Material shall be stored in a dry space at all the time to avoid corrosion.
7.3.1 SMATV System Drawings Approvals
- Obtain design drawings from the CONSULTANT and prepare the shop drawings.
- After preparation of shop drawings these drawings shall be submitted to the CONSULTANT for final approval.
- After CONSULTANT approval (drawings) installation shall be carried out accordingly.
7.3.2 INSTALLATION OF SMATV SYSTEM
- First of all the drawing for the existing system will be studied to identify which components are to be replaced if any, and where to install the new one.
- The new cables shall be pulled through the conduits and the wiring will be done for the Components.
- The commissioning will then be done by the supplier
TESTING OF SMATV SYSTEM
After SMATV cable trunking, cables, Antenna, splitters and flat SMATV socket installation the system inspection shall be carried out by SPECIALIST SUB-CONTRACTOR. The testing and commission procedure and Testing and commission shall be carried out as per specialists recommendations in light of the CONSULTANT requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel are using appropriate PPE
- Ensure that all site personnel shall be brief as per Health and Safety Project Manual
- All safety precautions shall be followed as per established project safety plan and procedure.
- Only experienced and skilled technicians shall be engaged for the operation.
- The people involved in the installation shall use PPE such as safety helmets, safety shoes, helmets, gloves etc.
- Safety officer shall check and ensure that all safety precautions are followed.
- Inspection Test Plan Format
- Quality Control Procedure
- Check List
- Risk Assessment