Below is the brief Method Statement For Installation & Testing of Sanitary Wares / Accessories / Plumbing Fixtures etc.
- Tool box
- Measuring tape
- Half round file
- Hack-saw frame
- Drill machine
- Anchor punch
- Marking line-dori
- Screw driver 9flat & star set)
- Fix / Adjustable spanner
- Monkey plier
- Electrical plier
- Kalwa cutter
- Pipe wrench
- Sprite level
- Right angle
Installation Of Sanitary Wares / Plumbing Fixtures
Assemble plumbing fixtures, trim, fittings, and other components according to manufacturers’ written instructions. Install off-floor supports, affixed to building substrate, for wall-mounting fixtures. Use carrier supports with waste fitting and seal for back-outlet fixtures.
Use carrier supports without waste fitting for fixtures with tubular waste piping. Use chair-type carrier supports with rectangular steel uprights for accessible fixtures.
Install back-outlet, wall-mounting fixtures onto waste fitting seals and attach to supports. Install floor-mounting fixtures on closet flanges or other attachments to piping or building substrate. Install wall-mounting fixtures with tubular waste piping attached to supports.
Install floor-mounting, back-outlet water closets attached to building floor substrate and wall bracket and onto waste fitting seals. Install counter-mounting fixtures in and attached to casework. Install fixtures level and plumb according to roughing-in drawings.
Install water-supply piping with stop on each supply to each fixture to be connected to water distribution piping. Attach supplies to supports or substrate within pipe spaces behind fixtures. Install stops in locations where they can be easily reached for operation. Use ball, gate, or globe valves if supply stops are not specified with fixture.
Install trap and tubular waste piping on drain outlet of each fixture to be directly connected to sanitary drainage system. Install tubular waste piping on drain outlet of each fixture to be indirectly connected to drainage system.
Install flushometer valves for accessible water closets and urinals with handle mounted on wide side of compartment. Install other actuators in locations that are easy for people with disabilities to reach.
Install tanks for accessible, tank-type water closets with lever handle mounted on wide side of compartment. Install toilet seats on water closet. Install trap-seal liquid in dry urinals.
Install faucet-spout fittings with specified flow rates and patterns in faucet spouts if faucets are not available with required rates and patterns. Include adapters if required. Install water-supply flow-control fittings with specified flow rates in fixture supplies at stop valves.
Install faucet flow-control fittings with specified flow rates and patterns in faucet spouts if faucets are not available with required rates and patterns. Include adapters if required. Install shower flow-control fittings with specified maximum flow rates in shower arms.
Install traps on fixture outlets. ( Omit trap on fixtures with integral traps. Omit trap on indirect wastes, unless otherwise indicated). Install disposer in outlet of each sink indicated to have disposer. Install switch where indicated or in wall adjacent to sink if location is not indicated.
Install dishwasher air-gap fitting at each sink indicated to have air-gap fitting. Install in sink deck. Connect inlet hose to dishwasher and outlet hose to disposer.
Install escutcheons at piping wall ceiling penetrations in exposed, finished locations and within cabinets and millwork. Use deep-pattern escutcheons if required to conceal protruding fittings.
Set bathtubs shower receptors and service basins in leveling bed of cement grout.
Seal joints between fixtures and walls, floors, and counter tops using sanitary-type, one-part, mildew-resistant silicone sealant. Match sealant color to fixture color.
Connections of Plumbing Fixtures
Piping installation requirements are specified in other piping method of statements. Drawings indicate general arrangement of piping, fittings, and specialties.
Connect fixtures with water supplies, stops, and risers, and with traps, soil, waste, and vent piping. Use size fittings required to match fixtures.
Inspection, testing and commissioning
All construction/inspection/testing works shall be carried out in accordance with specifications. Work shall be carried out by the site staff under the guidance of engineer and shall further be checked and approved by consultant.
- Check the materials are approved.
- All the installations must be as per the approved material submittal, approved drawings and specifications.
- Verify that installed plumbing fixtures categories and types specified for locations where installed.
- Check that plumbing fixtures are complete with trim, faucets, fittings, and other specified components.
- Inspect installed plumbing fixtures for damage. Replace damaged fixtures and components.
- Test installed fixtures after water systems are pressurized for proper operation. Replace malfunctioning fixtures and components, then retest. Repeat procedure until units operate properly.
- Install fresh batteries in sensor-operated mechanisms.
- Check location of Sanitary Wares fixing points, dimensions & levels in accordance with approved construction drawings.
- Check the installation of Sanitary Wares, including fittings and accessories, are as per approved drawings.
- Check visually for damages after installations are carried out correctly.
- Ensure the architectural plan for finishing of wash basin/WC/accessories
- Check the installation of brackets/screws/ angle valves properly
- Check the tightness of all joints from the unit to pipes, hose, P-Traps & other connections.
- Check all joints/ connections are proper.
- Check all the installations as per the approved drawings & specifications.
- Below is another checklist for sanitary ware installation inspection.
Installation Check List For Sanitary Fixtures
- Check all material installed are as approved by Consultants.
- Check drawings used for installation are latest and approved.
- Check all fixtures are new and free from damages.
- Check the installation as per approved drawings and manufacturers instructions.
- Check water supply lines are connected as required and have been pressure tested.
- Check all drainage works are completed and connected to the Plumbing fixtures.
- Check that adequate space is available for fixtures and accessories.
- Check that the installation of fixtures is co-ordinated with architectural details and other M.E.P. Services.
- Verify disinfection test reports of water supply lines connected to sanitary fixtures.
- Ensure all fixtures are cleaned.
- Check that adequate protection is provided for all fixtures from damages during the construction period.