Step 1: Electrical Circuit Isolation
- Isolate the main electrical connections and supply line from the gen-set.
- Cut off the main circuit breaker of the generator control panel to “stop”.
- Disconnect the electrical batteries connection from the genset.
- Disconnect the grounding cable from the battery.
Step 2: Dismantling of Radiator Exhaust Ducts
- Mark the mating parts of the radiator ducting at the joints.
- Cut the rivets of the radiator exhaust ducting & detach the ducts from the radiator assembly.
- Mobilize the ducts and store them in the open area or inside the generator room.
Step 3: Dismantling of Engine Exhaust Duct Pipes
- Mark the mating parts of the engine exhaust ducting at the joints.
- Mark the exhaust pipes, air inlet pipes & all other pipe connections prior to dismantling.
- Remove the air filter frame from the Genset.
- Remove the Air Inlet Pipes and the filter from the genset.
- Remove the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipes from the genset.
Step 4: A-Frame Erection
- Mobilize all steel columns and beams for A-frame in the generator room.
- Place vertical columns 4 no.s in the relevant positions beside genset and 2 no.s each along side the length of the genset.
- Place the horizontal beam (end beam) over two vertical columns towards radiator end and tighten the beam to the columns with bolts.
- Place the main load holding horizontal beam over the end beams alongside Genset length & tighten the center beam to the end beams with the bolts .
- Place the Side supporting horizontal channel over the vertical columns alongside Genset length & tighten the channel to the vertical columns with the bolts.
Step 5: Radiator Handling & Storage
- Transfer the radiator coolant in the empty drum & remove the entire coolant from the radiator .
- Tie around the lifting belt to the center beam above the radiator’s hook.
- Mount the chain block’s hook on the belt’s eye and mount the lifting chain hook to the radiator’s hook.
- Remove the guard cover for the radiator & the engine shaft.
- Loosen the foundation bolts of the radiator.
- Lift the radiator with 2 chain blocksin tandem from the roof hook supportat 0.5 meter height from the ground.
- Shift the radiator away from the engine & towards the front wall of the engine room i.e. one meter away from the original position.
- Lower the radiator and place it on the base.
- Secure the radiator with the front side cross Beam with the help of the tying belt.
Step 6: Engine Handling & Mobilizing
- Place the A-Frame assembly in the position above the genset.
- Tie around the lifting belt on the A-Frame’s center beam and mount the chain block in the bell eye.
- Mount the lifting hooks (04 nos) on the lifting eye of the engine and connect the lifting hook’s eye to the A-Frame chain block’s hooks with lifting belt.
Step 7: Engine Handling & Mobilizing
- Loosen the engine’s base mounted bolts from the skid.
- Disengage the engine flange from the alternator’s governor flange.
- Pull the engine away from the alternator to provide the sufficient space to rotate the generator.
- Lift the engine with the chain blocks @ 50 cm and rotate the engine at 90° angle towards the passage.
- Mount the steel base support columns below the engine’s base mount plate & Place the Engine trolley below the steel base support columns.
- Fasten the steel base support column to the engine base and the trolley plate.
- Rotate the engine mounted trolley to 90° angle from the original position.
- Place the forklift’ s fork below the front side of the trolley & secure the rear end of the trolley with the A-Frame chain block.
- Pull the engine with the forklift towards the exit passage (ramp) & at the same speed ( pulling speed of the forklift) lower the chain block to enable the placing of the engine trolley on the floor.
- Place and fasten the engine frame’s side support columns.
- Hook up the pulling belt’s eyes to the front pad eyes of the engine frame trolly and secure the belt to the fork lift hook.
- Tie around the lifting belt to the RCC columns along side ramp for securing the engine frame in case of any slippage.
- Pull the engine mounted trolley with the fork lift towards the exit way (in accordance with the contractor’s drawing) thru ramp.
- Stop the forklift at each column and ti the lifting belts at succeeding ascending RCC columns.
- Repeat the pulling procedure for the engine by advancing towards the exit way and securing the lifting belts at ascending columns along side ramp.