Following equipment and tools shall be required before starting the work.
- Slow speed drill machine
- Gas Cylinders
- Hand Tools & PPE
- Straight edge
- Solvent cleaner
- Measuring Tape
- Fire Extinguisher
The capacity / size of the above tools and equipment shall be judged in accordance with site conditions, requirements, and availability at the time of execution.
SAFETY & HEALTH
- All employees shall be provided with complete personal Protection equipment PPE.
- All employees shall attend Safety Induction and training Course to identify all Hazards associated with this work.
- All workers shall be provided with proper tools and equipment to execute the work safely.
- MSDS (material safety data sheet) shall be displayed at work location as appropriate
- Surface shall be clean, dry and free from loose particles before application of water proofing.
- If any repairing for the surface is required it shall be done by approved material.
- Chamfer and angle fillet shall be provided on all the corners.
- Water proofing system shall be applied in strict compliance to Manufacturer’s recommendations / instructions and by certified workers.
- Solvent based primer should be applied evenly around the faces by brush or Roller @ 0.3 –0.5 kg/m2.
- Allow the primer to dry prior to application of water proofing.
- Ensure that all the workers to wear proper PPEs.
- Membrane to be fully bonded by torching to the primed surface.
- Care shall be taken while fixing the membrane as it should not be puncher or damaged.
- The longitudinal overlap should not be less than 100 mm and should be staggered a minimum 150 mm with those of the eventual first layer. The end lap should not be less than 150 mm and should be staggered a minimum 300mm with those of the first layer.
- Asphalt board shall be fixed over the membrane for protection
- Asphalt board shall be fixed by torching and making spot adhesion with the membrane.
- After fixing the protection board foundation could be back filled.