1. PURPOSE: The purpose of this procedure is to define how wire screen /mesh installation works shall be carried out under controlled condition.
2. SCOPE: This Method Statement describes the steps that will be followed for the installation of galvanized mesh / screen as per the approved shop drawing details, This procedure shall be read in conjunction with contract specification where applicable.
- Contract Agreement
- Bill of Quantities
- Contract drawings
- Approved shop drawings
- Project Quality Plan
4. DEFINITIONS & ABBREVIATIONS
QA QC: Quality Assurance and quality Control
SE: Site Engineer
PPE: Personal Protective Equipment
HSE: Health, Safety and Environment
ITP: Inspecting and Test Plan
- Project Manager is responsible for overall project execution, quality and safety. Adopt a leading role with respect to Contractor’s quality and safety procedures. The PM is responsible for the overall implementation of this method statement. The Project Manager shall ensure that the key personnel are well aware of the specifications and method statement.
- CM / Project Engineer shall arrange all materials, equipment, safety related items & manpower & direct the Site Engineers & Foremen to resort appropriate action for the smooth execution of the works.
- Safety Engineer shall be responsible for safe working environment & conditions. Coordinate with Site Engineer to identify potential hazards before works and advise methods of safe working from new developments.
- Surveyor shall be responsible for setting out for levels, layout, and lines & establish top levels. Ensuring setting out books are properly maintained and filed when completed. To coordinate with the consultant surveyor in determining coordinates, levels, and limits.
- QA/QC Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring that execution of works are complying with approved method statement; specifications, approved shop drawings and ensure inspections are submitted based on ITP requirements.
- Site Engineer shall ensure that all works are carried out according to approved shop drawings. He shall direct the surveyor for the setting out lines & levels in concurrence from the Construction Manager/Senior Civil Engineer.
- MEP Coordinator / Engineer shall be responsible for proper execution of MEP works involved before, during and after the works.
6. MATERIALS: As per approved Material submittal for Galvanized Wire Mesh.
7. EQUIPMENTS & TOOLS
Below is the equipment involved in Plaster works:
- Fork Lift
- Scissor lift
- Electric drill
- Mobile scaffolds etc.
The capacity / size of the above equipment shall be judged in accordance with site conditions, requirements, and availability at the time of execution.
8. SAFETY & HEALTH
- All employees shall be provided with complete personal Protection equipment PPE.
- All employees shall attend Safety Induction and training Course to identify all Hazards associated with this work.
- All workers shall be provided with proper tools and equipment to execute the work safely.
9. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Before starting installation of wire screen make sure that MEP clearance has been obtained.
- Setting out to be done by the surveyor for installation of support system/ suspension.
- Install the support bracketry / channels as per the approved shop drawing details.
- Install the wire screen as per approved shop drawing layout.
- Make sure that correct levels are maintained and all the fixtures are in place properly.
- Check the overlap of wire mesh shall be as per approved shop drawings details.
- Check the installed mesh for its final alignment, and level.
- Make the area clean and tidy after the works are completed.
- Risk Assessment