Functional Tests For Electrical Works
Below is a list of functional tests for the electrical system which should be conducted for performance, safety, reliability, maintainability and for compliance with the specified requirements. These tests shall be performed progressively on site in accordance with the Contract program to verify that the complete installation will meet the requirement of project specification.
The list provided below is an indicative minimum of the tests required. Each contractor should develop full test schedules for approval in accordance with the requirements as applicable in respective sections of the Specification
- Check correct CT ratio and polarity and correct operation of all protective gear by primary tests and system fault tests to check sensitivity and stability.
- Secondary current injection tests for accuracy of relay operations. Protective gear timing tests as may be necessary.
- Rotational tests on all motors.
- Battery tests on specific gravity, correct output voltage, discharge test and proper functioning of the charging equipment etc.
- Tests to prove correct operation of all interlocks, tripping and closing circuits, alarm indications, etc. including operation in conjunction with the standby generator for emergency operation of lofts, etc.
- Phasing tests.
MV Switch Board, Transformer, and MV cable
- Injection Test (Primary and Secondary)
- Insulation Test
- Partial Discharge and Ultrasound Test
- Infrared Thermoelectric Detection
- Manufacturer Recommended Test
- Mechanical tests
- Continuity and dielectric tests
- Secondary injection test to re-calibrate all measuring, protect and control circuits and associated components
- Phase sequence tests on each outgoing units
- Functional checks, especially on the controlling devices and
- Infrared Thermoelectric Detection (include power factor correction equipment)
- Primary Injection Test
Tests For Cables
- Continuity test
- Insulation resistance test and
- Phasing test
Standby Generating Plant
- Series of test starts and checks on ability to take up the load within the specified time
- Check that speed variation is within specified limits
- Voltage regulation test
- Functional tests of all plant protection features and alarms
- Temperature rise test
- Noise level measurement
- Insulation resistance test
- Building essential load test and
- Infrared Thermo-electric Detection.
- Hydraulic test of 70 kPa for bulk tank for not less than 2 hours.
- Hydraulic test of 70 kPa for pipe works, valves and fittings for not less than 2 hours.
Test For LV Power Distribution System
The following items, where relevant, shall be tested in the sequence indicated:
- Continuity of ring final circuit conductors
- Continuity of protective conductors, including main and supplementary equipment bonding
- Earth electrode resistance
- Insulation resistance
- Insulation of site-built assemblies
- Protection by electrical separation
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Function of all items of equipment and
- Infrared Thermoelectric Detection
Testing Of Lighting System
- Illuminance / luminance measurements for normal, emergency and battery lightings
- Illuminance / luminance measurement for battery lights at the end of 2-hour operation
- Test to establish correct operation of switching control
- Insulation resistance tests to earth and between conductors before and after fitting of lamps
- Measurement of leakage current when directed by the Contractor.
Lightning Protection System Testing
- Continuity between air and Foundation earth; and
- Foundation Earthing
UPS Testing Required
- Full Test to Manufacturer Recommended Procedures
- Full load test to verify the total back-up time
- Infrared Thermoelectric Detection; and
- Ultrasound Test
Extra Low Voltage System
Full Functional Test to Manufacturer Recommended Procedures.