All materials received at site shall be inspected and ensure that the materials are as per approved material submittal. Any discrepancies, damages etc. shall be notified and reported for further action. Materials found not suitable for the project are removed from site immediately. Cable trays and ladders are stored in horizontal position on flat surface with timber support at each meter and covered to protect from moisture and direct sunlight.
b) Installation Of Trays & Ladders
- After the civil clearance to proceed with MEP installations, ensure the area is clean and ready to start the works.
- Ensure all the relevant current / approved shop drawings are available with the installation team.
- Required quantity of standard length of cable trays / ladders are shifted from site stores to the work place with help of cranes and wheel barrow, clean the material for dust from storage and transportation.
- Mark the cable trays / ladders routes as per approved shop drawings, ensure these are of horizontal and vertical runs only, except where it is not practicable and approved by Consultant.
- Coordinate the routes, levels and ensure there are no clashes with other services. Maintain a minimum of 150 mm clearance from other mechanical services.
- Mark the support, fix the supports with appropriate metal plugs, mounting brackets with base plates and nuts, ‘L’ angles / slotted ‘C’ channels and nuts. A maximum of 1.2 mtr. distance is maintained between the supports to avoid sagging of cable trays / ladders. Provide supports at 250 mm bends from branches and offsets.
- Cut the standard length of Cable trays / ladders to required length with appropriate cutting tools and fixed with the necessary accessories.
- Manufacturer’s instruction for installation shall be followed.
- Ensure the installation of cable trays / ladders are neat, in straight line for good aesthetic look. Trim the extra projected supports.
- Approved fire sealant shall be provided wherever the cable trays / ladders installation crosses the fire rated walls.
- Copper earth links shall be installed at every joints to maintain continuity throughout the installation. This continuity is tested and recorded.
- Provide identification labels as specified to identify the service.
- Cable trays covers shall be provided after the cabling activities are completed, wherever it is exposed to direct sun light.
- Work Inspection Request shall be raised for Consultant’s inspection and sign off.