This work method statement explains and covers the wiring through conduits and its termination to the equipment / boards etc.
- Pulling Rope
- Masking Tape
Quality & Safety Requirements
Quality control on site will be expedited through the project team using experienced supervisors and engineers checking their works and hold points approval by QA/QC engineer and consultants. The safety procedure for the work are sources in the project safety plan and will be monitored by the site HSE officer.
Method Of Wiring & Terminations
- Material to be approved/inspected by Consultant prior to using on site.
- Shop drawing of wiring works to be approved before commencement of work.
- Material found not suitable for site use will be removed from site.
- Wire and cables installed in conduits shall be type single core PVC/PVC insulated.
- All lighting distribution wiring shall be PVC insulated wiring cables.
- No cables smaller than 1.5 m2 shall be used.
- All wire utilized must be continuously run from source to termination, without any through joining included.
Wiring Installation Procedure
- Before starting wiring, all pipes to be checked for clearance i.e. no blocking observed.
- All wiring of multi point circuits shall be carried out in a “Looping –in” system. Connections other than those required for the connection of switches, fuses, socket outlet, motor etc. shall not be allowed.
- PVC wires shall not enter any luminaries or heat producing equipment.
- Final connection shall be made by using heat resistant flexible cable.
- PVC wires shall not exceed the capacity of the conduit or trunking.
- Wires shall be drawn in a careful and workmanlike manner.
- Works shall be executed by skilled electrician in full supervision of site engineer & foreman.