This below procedure shall be followed for the installation of MCC panels.All components / materials received at site shall be inspected and ensured against approved material submittal. Any discrepancies, damages etc shall be notified immediately for further action. MCC Panels shall be carefully unloaded from the vehicle using Crane / Fork lift and moved to suitable place for storage. Items found not suitable for the project shall be removed from site immediately. MCC Panels shall be stored in a covered place separately as per manufacturer recommended ambient condition.Factory packing of the MCC panels shall only be removed at the installation spot to avoid damages. MCC Panels shall be covered properly to prevent dust and contamination.
Installation Of MCC Panels
- Shift the panel from stores to the installation spot using fork lift .
- For floor mounted panels, the exact location of the panel and fixing holes to be marked on the concrete plinth provided by main contractor for the installation.
- Remove the packing and ensure that the panel is free from transportation damages.
- For wall mounted panels, the exact location of the panel and fixing holes to be marked based on approved shop drawings keeping panel in place and will be fixed in an approved manner.
- Provide fixing arrangement in an approved manner in the marked location.
- Install the panel on the plinth, align and fix properly.
- Gland the cables ( Power / earthing ) on the glanding plate of the panel and terminate properly.
- Tighten all the connections as required.
- Access around the panel to be checked for future maintenance as per regulations.
- Ensure the services contains water is away from the panel or properly protected against any accidental leakages.
- Identification of panel and outgoing breaker shall be verified against approved shop drawings.
- Incoming and Outgoing cables shall be marked / identified as per approved shop drawings.
- All components of the panel such as MCCB, MCB, Relays, Fuses, Meters, CTs, Contractors, Terminals, etc. shall be verified against the approved panel drawings for correct rating and size.
- Any internal connections / modification will be carried out by the manufacturer of the particular switchgear.
- All breakers (incoming / outgoing) shall be in “OFF” position and to be locked to prevent mishandling.
- Check and ensure adequate space is available for maintenance.
- After installation panel shall be properly cleaned and protected to prevent dust and contamination.
- Inspection request shall be raised for QA/QC verification. Work Inspection Request shall be raised for Consultant’s inspection and sign off.