EQUIPMENTS & TOOLS REQUIRED
- Cutting Machine – LP32/TS20
- Coring Machine – DD 200/DD 350
- Hand tools
PROCEDURE OF CORING & CUTTING
Before commencing any activity on site, the consultants must be notified. All the related documents, shop drawings, method of statements, material approvals, subcontractor’s approvals and test certificates etc. must be approved and readily available.
All employees regardless of position will be responsible for their own personal safety and that of their fellow workers. This will be reinforced through the induction process and toolbox talks. They will:
- Understand the company’s safety policy and appreciate their individual responsibility towards safety for themselves, for their co-workers and for the company.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the job. Use the protective clothing and equipment provided.
- Keep tools and equipment in good condition. Inspect tools/equipment for defects before use and report defects immediately to the direct supervisor.
- Refrain from horseplay and abuse of safety devices, equipment and welfare facilities.
- Report any accident, near miss or hazardous condition to immediate supervisor for correction purposes.
- Obey all posted warning signs.
- Follow instructions from supervisors. If in doubt, ask questions.
- Cooperate with safety personnel.
- Know emergency procedures (siren codes, assembly point, wind socks, etc.
The R/C Walls will have scaffolding/safe platform that will be done near to the wall the operator and helper to the required coring and cutting woks in the wall. This application to be done by the Main Contractor in the line with the marking done.
Sequence of Works
- The R/C Walls to be cut should be clearly marked by Main Contractor and approved by the consultant before any Cutting/Coring works starts.
- The R/C Walls will have scaffolding/safe platform that will be done near to the wall the operator and helper to the required coring and cutting woks in the wall. This application to be done by the Main Contractor in the line with the marking done.
- Using HILTI Coring machine and 6” 152mm Dia core bits, 2nos. core will be done at center of each piece for lifting purposes and 1nos. core will be cone at corner of each piece to avoid over cutting.
- When coring works is done, drilling for fixing the rail support for the cutting machine will start by using Hilti drill machine and M12 drop in Anchors for straight line cutting.
- After the Rail is fixed the Hydraulic wall saw system DLP-32/DS-T32 from Hilti will start straight line cutting.
- The same procedure will be used for cutting vertical and horizontal lines.
- Using Mobile/Tower Crane to suit the required load of the concrete pieces, the cut concrete pieces will be lifted / lowered to the ground by using the Steel Chain that will be connected to the two cores done in each piece. When the concrete pieces reach the ground level, it will be carted away outside the site to the approved dumping areas.
- The DB connected to the machine should be at least 10m away to avoid any water spillage on it. The wall saw is using 400 volt, 63AMP breaker and 3 phase power supply. The Coring machine is using single phase power.