Following tools shall be required before starting the work:
- Pipe cutting & threading machines
- Standard mechanical Tool Box
- Mobile scaffolding
- Measuring Equipments
- Spirit Levels
- Applicable PPE including Safety Harness
- Culling tool for culli ng the insulation
- Appropriate brush for applying the adhesive
- Tools for painting
- Lifting equipments like winches, hoists
Installation Procedure For Closed Control Units
All workers to attend safety induction conducted by main contractor and given specific training on the safe installation methods. Install Closed Control Units and Accessories as indicated on the approved shop drawing and as per site requirements.
The Site Engineer, Site Supervisor will give necessary instructions to tradesmen (Pipe fitters & Duct installers) and provide necessary approved construction/shop Drawings of latest revision along with coordinated layouts.
The Site Supervisor/Foremen will also check that proper tools and equipment are available to carry out the work and are in compliance with contract specification. The Site Supervisor also explains the tradesmen regarding safety precautions to be observed.
Method Of Installation of CCU:
- Approved Materials for Closed Control Units. Will be installed as per approved installation details and approved shop drawings and project specification, site conditions as per manufacturer’s recommendations and mock-up.
- The CCU will be transferred from the stores to the work area, taking into account the make, model, and capacity & labeling/tag #. This will ensure the correct CCU is installed at the correct location. Cut loose all banding (if applicable) from skid but do not remove the skids until the unit is shifted to the installation area.
- The supervisor / foreman will ensure the subject areas are ready to receive the CCU. The base, concrete plinths & rubber pads etc, must be completed prior to the installation of the CCU.
- Arrange the installation of any CCU according to the approved drawing, making sure of the units’ correct location and orientation, having access for the fan & motor, filter, and valve package (where applicable accordingly) with sufficient access space for operation & maintenance purposes.
- Anti-Vibration isolators/ neoprene pads will be installed as required to support the Close Control Units as per manufacturer’s recommendations and the project specification.
- Check the level of the unit using spirit levei & firmly tighten the anchor bolts. Depending on accessibility and site conditions, some CCU’S may be required to be shifted in sections, these sections must be aligned & jointed firmly, ensuring proper gasket in-between sections is used. Ensure nuts & bolts are tightened properly.
- Condensate drains piping are directly connected to the nearest Drain pipe or waste pipes (floor drains). provided by respectively 1:100 slopes or as per approved shop drawings and have proper insulation for any damage of condensation drip might occur. and every change of direction of the COP, clean outs will be provided. The supports will be installed as per the approved Shop layout drawings and approved support details and specification of the project.
- Make sure that no parts of CCU will be obstructed by pipes and valves, locations and elevations of these accessories will be as per approved layout drawings.
- Connect ductwork to the unit cabinet using flexible connections of full size of the equipment & ductwork connections to avoid the transfer of vibration as indicated on the approved drawings.
- Make sure that competent electrician installs the field wiring, controls & earthing of the equipment & tighten all connections & terminals to the recommended torque.
- Attach & fix the identification labels (including air and water flow directions), safety & warning signs at the location shown on the approved drawings ensuring compliance with specification requirements.
- Ensure Calibration certificate shall be provided for all instruments to be used..
- CCU power wiring connections will be done by competent electricians as per approved shop drawing and manufacturer recommendations.
- Control wirings will also be done as per the manufacturer’s recommendations and controls which are applicable and as directed by the control philosophy/sequence of operation.
- Care will be taken to provide bypass piping connections to the Closed Control Units and other HVAC equipment that needs to be isolated during Water Flushing & Chemical Treatment (WF&CT) of the whole Chilled Water Piping System. Back washing of the coils shall be done as per WF&CT method statement, which shall be submitted separately.
- After successful installation, Closed Control Units will clean and covered by polythene plastic for protection as per approved lAO plan and prior commencement of testing & commissioning.